Friday, August 4, 2017


Greetings from the studio. I thought today I would share a little bit about my art process, as it probably is a little unconventional. I love looking through glossy, studio tours that fill the pages of the internet. You know, the ones where every paint brush is in place and each nook and cranny is tidy?

Well...that is not how it is in my studio. Nope. Yes, I actually have a designated spot, or room, in my home that is my creative space. I even have a sign on the door, "Studio." However, it is not tidy, not by any means. It pretty much holds my inventory. I do all my photography and computer work in this room. I even keep all my art supplies in a closet there. I do not, however, create my work in this room.

I guess I am sort of a "creative nomad" of sorts. In the early days, I worked for hours at my kitchen table between meals. Many of us, I am sure, start out this way. Now, this habit, after 27 years, holds on with its dear life.



My favorite spot to create is sitting in my recliner with a huge art table in front of me. There is usually a HGTV show filling the air space and a glass of pop next to me ( here I go again with my terrible pop addiction).

Maybe I create out of my studio space because it feels more informal. After all, going to the "STUDIO" can be and sound a little scary to me at times.

Whatever the reason, I enjoy moving around from dining table, to kitchen table to dining room art table as I make all my art. Just give me some good light and I am set to go. Where do you create?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top