Thursday, August 31, 2017

Crazy for Antique Mirrors

I love antique mirrors! I do not care what size or what color....I have them in every room of my house. Can you be addicted to mirrors? I think in my case the answer is, yes!

The above mirror was, would you believe it, a find from our yearly clean up week. Someone had dumped this sweet beauty on the curb. Oh, no, no...there was potential in this mirror for sure. I painted the piece with chalk paint, lightly sanded, and added a Melissa Frances tulle flower for a feminine accent.

Other mirrors in my home I find at yard sales, antique shops and flea markets. Often they need to be painted, as white or cream mirrors are the best for my light decor.

What do mirrors do? Besides being beautiful, they add dimension to a small room and make it appear larger. They add light and reflection to a space, which is fabulous for any place in the house. Lastly, they add style, which in my case is Victorian to match my house.

Antique mirrors...they are a great thing!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top