Thursday, August 17, 2017

The "Cozy" Season


It is approaching the "cozy" season. In other words, fall is almost here, and I cannot wait! Autumn is by far my favorite time of year, so as soon as there is a nip in the air I can be found setting out all my fall favorite things.

What are my all-time must-have decor items?

1. Harry Slatkin candles. His complex fall scents are the best around. I have a variety, such as sweet pumpkin, leaves, and apples scents, all over my house. Now he sells exclusively at QVC, but many of his candles are also sold under the Bath and Body Works name. There is nothing like a warm, welcoming fall candle to dress up your fall home.

2. Fall throws. This is the time of year I get some of my chunky throws and drape them over a couch or chair. I like the fall colored ones, plaid, and even faux fur varieties. You can never have enough throws in my opinion!

3. Mini chalkboards. I have all shapes and sizes. They are perfect for setting next to a decorative display. I write words on them, such as "Happy Fall" or "Pumpkin Patch." It is an inexpensive way to add a little whimsy to your home.

4. Decorative lights. It is already getting darker sooner, so a few Tiffany-style lamps, flickering candle electric lights or a string of orange mini-lights around a decorative branch make my home warm and inviting at night.

5. Autumn dishes. My hutch holds my displays of dishes. These different sets of dishes get replaced every season. My MIL gave me a set of antique turkey dishes that I proudly showcase this time of year. Maybe you have a small bookshelf or floating shelf. Add a few fall-inspired dishes to dress up your decor. Again, this is a simple and inexpensive way to add a little charm to your fall home.

What do you like to do to decorate your home for fall?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top