Sunday, August 6, 2017

It All Began with a Dress...

Yes, as the title says, "It all began with a dress..." What, you might ponder...Oh, that would be my art career. As a child I was A-L-W-A-Y-S making something or decorating something. In those young years I would make pictures to hang on the walls or potholders to display on hangers. The list goes on..I just loved making things. Lots of things..

My professional career, however, started with antique-embellished dolls. After following pre-made patterns, I started drawing my own designs and making my own pattern pieces. My line featured dolls, angels, cats, bunnies and santas. Every Sunday I would take a huge pot with tea bags and water and "cook" up my tea dyed material. All the dolls were accented with antique pieces, such as old jewelry, antique linens, lace, and millinery flowers..oh, how I love my millinery flowers!. After all these years, I do not have one doll left. I sold hundreds during those years and when I was through..I started a doll pattern company.

My art has evolved a lot since those early days 27 years ago. While there are no dolls on my shelves, there are many other things that I love just as much.

My signature style still features an antique look and feel.

And, every now and then one can see a glimpse into the early days...like when I paint a dress. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top